Each year, councils and chapters may request to be recognized for one of two Levels of Excellence awards:
- The very, very best councils or chapters receive a five-star award; and
- above-average councils or chapters receive a four-star award.
The Levels of Excellence submission web-based portal will be available soon. Use the link below to review the evaluation criteria and submission process. Councils and Chapters are encouraged to review the questions under “Subjective Scoring” to start crafting their narrative responses (in Word or a similar program), then saving this information to copy and paste responses when the LOE online web-based portal is available.
Council and Chapter Guide to MOAA’s Basic Membership (PDF)
Committee Module (CM) Administrators can export a roster of their chapter members and sort on the MOAA membership status column to identify the non-MOAA members. These chapter members can be contacted for their consent to become a MOAA Basic member.
Directions for Committee Module (CM) Administrators
- When you log into your Committee Module (CM), select the “View All” button to view everyone on your roster on one page.
- Next, select the button on the left side of the “Customer ID” button to select everyone on your roster.
- Next, go to the “Actions” button and select “Export to File,” then select “Go”. The box will display, allowing you to export the file in Excel.
- Select “Excel,” then “Open”.
- Finally, sort the Excel spreadsheet on the column with “Membership”.
Anyone listed as blank are non-MOAA members, who you should contact to ask their consent to become a MOAA Basic member. Anyone who is a non-MOAA member on your roster who gives you permission for MOAA to process them as a basic member can be sent to MOAA headquarters on an Excel spreadsheet using the same columns listed on the spreadsheet which you just exported.
The Excel spreadsheet can be saved on your hard drive for your records. Please be sure to add two new columns to the spreadsheet with “Type of Consent” and “Date of Consent” which is also mentioned on the Chapter and Council Guide to MOAA’s Basic Membership guidance. This will indicate to MOAA headquarters that you received this individual’s permission and the date that the permission was granted in order for our MOAA staff to process Basic MOAA memberships for each person listed on this roster.
Every year, MOAA’s affiliates compete to receive a four- or five-star Levels of Excellence Award. The very best councils and chapters receive five-star awards, while above-average councils and chapters receive four-star awards. This award is based on the 2018 calendar year programs and events.
Some of the best practices from winning council and chapters.
Levels of Excellence Logos
Download the brand new logos here.
Levels of Excellence Award Streamer and Pin
A blank MOAA streamer is provided to winning councils and chapters on a four-year cycle. Check out the best way to display your winning LOE and/or Communications award for your council or chapter.