Does your council or chapter stand apart from the rest? Do you want to recognize a member of your community for their hard work? Check below to learn more.
Nomination of MOAA Awards, Certificates of Recognition, and Pins
- National MOAA has certificates available that have been specially printed for various types of recognition of individuals. These certificates for chapter preparation and presentation include an affiliate "Certificate of Appreciation" for outstanding service, as well as a series of templates that can be tailored for various programs and awardees. Click here to see watermarked samples of these documents and learn how to order them.
- Present and past council and chapter president pins are available to recognize outgoing and incoming presidents. Please note that all new presidents will receive a ‘new presidents pin’ as soon as the update is made on the council or chapter Committee Module (CM). Click here for ordering information.
- National-level awards, including Leadership and 100th birthday certificates, are available by nomination. Click here to learn more about the process and to nominate deserving individuals.
MOAA Levels of Excellence Award
- Each year, councils and chapters may request to be recognized for one of two Levels of Excellence awards.
- Check out the 2020 winners.
- Check out the 2019 winners.
Col. Marvin J. Harris Communications Awards Contest
- MOAA's annual contest identifying those councils and chapters that do an outstanding job communicating with their members. Print/E-Newsletter and Website categories. Digital submissions only. Learn more here.
- National MOAA will recognize one MOAA council or chapter Legislative Chair/Liaison who has demonstrated superior service in support of the national and/or state legislative agenda. Read more about the award criteria and access the nomination form at this link (PDF). The nomination period for the 2020 award has ended.
2020 Surviving Spouse Liaison Excellence Award
- Surviving Spouse Liaisons work at the Council and Chapter level to ensure fellow survivors remain connected to the military family and participate in local and national programs and advocacy efforts. Learn more about this position here. The nomination period for the 2020 award has ended.
MOAA ROTC/JROTC Awards Program
- MOAA has revised its policies regarding the ROTC/JROTC programs. MOAA Award requests for ceremony events can be ordered directly from the MOAA Store.
- Note for high schools and universities requesting ROTC/JROTC medals: If there is a local MOAA chapter in your area, you may want to consider contacting them. Many of our 400-plus MOAA affiliates are still supporting ROTC/JROTC programs in their area. These programs are entirely voluntary; no MOAA chapter is under any obligation to award MOAA ROTC medals to ROTC and JROTC units. You can use the Chapter Locator to find your closest available chapter.