National MOAA has certificates available that have been specially printed for various types of recognition of individuals. These certificates for chapter preparation and presentation include:
- Affiliate “Certificate of Appreciation” for outstanding service;
- Affiliate “Certificate of Merit” for exceptional and meritorious service;
- Blank MOAA certificates (imprinted with "Military Officers Association of America" together with the MOAA seal).
Council and chapter pins
Present and past council and chapter president pins are available to recognize outgoing and incoming presidents.
MOAA Leadership Award pin
The MOAA Leadership Award recognizes council and chapter leaders who have made an exceptional contribution to their chapter, their council, or to MOAA.
Please Note: If the award recipient has already received the “Leadership Award,” the next applicable award will be provided. The nominating officer will receive an email confirmation on when to expect the award by mail.
- Distinguished by a special gold lapel pin
- Awarded with a letter of congratulations from the national MOAA president
- Nominations for the leadership award should be from another officer in the same chapter or council. Please include a brief synopsis of what the chapter or council leader has done to contribute to the overall mission during their tenure.
- Don’t forget to include your timeline for presentation. Please submit requests at least 45 days prior to your presentation date.
- Email nominations with the subject “Leadership Award” to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If mailed, use the following address:
If mailing an award nomination, send to:
Attention: Senior Director, MOAA Council and Chapter Affairs
201 N. Washington St.
Alexandria, VA 22314
To request awards, certificates or pins:
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: (800) 234-MOAA (6622), ext. 120