Contact your senators today to protect the military health benefit.
SUMMER STORM 2020
Storm Status Update
We've reached a key milestone, but more work needs done. Here's how you can help.
Take Action Now
Ask your senators to preserve the military health care benefit.
FAQ: Changes to Military Medicine
MOAA answers your questions on moves that will affect hundreds of thousands of beneficiaries.
How Members Mounted a Successful Storm
MOAA members delivered a powerful message despite social distancing. Here's a recap.
Below, you'll find everything you need to take part in MOAA's 2020 Summer Storm. Please share this page (MOAA.org/summerstorm) and its contents with others interested in joining the effort to preserve access to high-quality medical care for military beneficiaries.
Contact Your Senators
- TAKE ACTION: Send a message NOW.
- ENGAGE LOCALLY: Find contact information for your representative and senators on MOAA's Take Action page by typing your ZIP code into the field under "Find your elected officials" (on the right column for desktop users). While you are on the official’s page, scroll down to get the address for their closest office – call them and schedule your visit.
- MAKE THE CALL: Phone calls from constituents are more memorable for staffers than emails, ensuring that an issue stays closer to the top of their mind when talking to their boss. Here's a suggested message for your lawmaker (call them via MOAA’s toll-free Capitol Switchboard: 1-866-272-6622):
“My name is_____________ and I live in ________. I stand with the Military Officers Association of America and urge you to support Sections 715 and 716 in the House-passed defense bill regarding DoD’s military treatment facility restructuring and DoD medical billet reductions.
I need Congress to understand my concerns about DoD’s ability to successfully transition beneficiaries to the civilian network – and that these concerns have been amplified by the coronavirus pandemic. DoD has repeatedly assured stakeholders all reductions to military medical capacity will be conditions-based, but a pause is not sufficient — we need the reductions halted. The provisions in the NDAA address my concerns – please do all you can to ensure the defense bill is passed with House Sections 715 and 716.
Summer Storm Resources
- ISSUE PAPER: Get the full breakdown on proposed changes to your care.
- FAQ: How will two passages in the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) help secure earned medical benefits for you and your family, and how can MOAA members (and others) make their voices heard? We've got the details.
- LEVERAGE SOCIAL: Share the importance of this issue on social media using #MOAASummerStorm on social media, and keep up with (and share) the latest from MOAA on Facebook, Twitter, and other social platforms. Already on Twitter? Send a Tweet now.
- MORE NEWS: Get the latest on your health care benefits.
Latest #SummerStorm News
A letter from service leaders to DHA. A message from President Trump. Get caught up, and find out what’s next.
Help preserve earned health care benefits by reaching out to your senator as part of an all-hands effort.
Here’s why your voice is needed, now, to preserve the military health care benefit.
The changes will affect about 200,000 beneficiaries. Find out what moves are in store.
Here’s where MOAA-supported provisions stand. Learn how you can help push them forward.