A bevy of retailers across the country will offer discounts to military personnel, veterans, and their families in recognition of Military Appreciation Month and Memorial Day. Below is a list of some of those offerings – note that many of the discounts require proof of service and/or online verification, and some may be available to military dependents, survivors, and other groups not listed below.
(*-Discount added May 22)
[RELATED: MOAA Member-Exclusive Discounts]
Shopping, Products, and Services
Ashley Furniture: Active duty military and veterans can receive 5% off when they shop online.
Aveda: Military personnel and veterans receive 20% off high-performance, 100% vegan hair, skin, and body care.
* Bear Mattress: Military community receives a 40% discount sitewide through May 29. The discount is eligible for all online orders and cannot be combined with any additional promotional codes or applied to gift card purchases.
Birdies: Active military personnel and veterans receive 20% off at Birdies Shoes.
[RELATED: MOAA Members Save on R. Riveter Handbags]
Crocs: Military personnel and veterans can enjoy 25% off their entire order (exclusions apply).
Dunlop Sports: Military personnel and veterans can enjoy a discount of 15% off qualifying full-priced Srixon and Cleveland Golf products available through online stores.
J.Crew: Military personnel and veterans can get 15% off purchases at jcrew.com when they verify online.
L.L. Bean: Military personnel and veterans can receive 10% off their purchases.
Michaels: Military personnel, veterans, and registered dependents can enjoy 15% off their entire purchase, including sale items. A Michaels Rewards program account is required.
* QALO: Current and former military members receive a free ring for the month of May.
Rack Room Shoes: Military personnel and family members (with military ID) can receive a 20% in-store discount on Memorial Day. In addition, every Tuesday the store offers a 10% discount to the military.
Sleep Number: Military personnel and veterans can receive an exclusive 20% off select Sleep Number 360® and next generation smart beds, integrated and adjustable bases, and select bedding.
Thule: Military personnel can enjoy 30% off their entire purchase of outdoor accessories.
Walgreens: Members of the military, veterans, and their families can receive a 20% in-store discount on all eligible regular item from May 26-29. To receive the discount, individuals must have a myWalgreens membership.
Whirlpool: Military members can receive 15% off on all major appliances sitewide.
Attractions & Lodging
Blue Star Museums: Select museums, zoos, and nature centers will be offering free admission to military personnel and their families from Armed Forces Day (May 20) to Labor Day (Sept. 4). This is part of Blue Star Museums, a collaboration among the National Endowment for the Arts, Blue Star Families, DoD, and museums across America.
Busch Gardens: Through the Waves of Honor program, former military personnel and up to three guests may enjoy complimentary admission to Busch Gardens in Virginia. In addition, each veteran is eligible to purchase up to six additional tickets at 50% off, and an All-Day Dining Deal 4-pack, during the promotional period. Tickets must be purchased by May 14 and redeemed by July 9.
* California's Great America: Currently serving members and veterans receive a free ticket valid for a single day May 26-29. Military members also save up to $35 online when purchasing tickets for up to six friends or family members.
* Cedar Point: Currently serving members and veterans receive a free ticket for a single day May 26-29. Military members can save up to $40 online when purchasing tickets for up to six friends or family members.
Cincinnati Zoo: Military members and veterans receive free admission on Memorial Day and can purchase up to six half-price admission tickets for members of their immediate family.
Hersheypark: Active duty and retired military members receive two one-day tickets with free parking for only $79.99 ($195 value) May 19-21.
[RELATED: MOAA Vacations]
Colonial Williamsburg: Military personnel, veterans, and up to three direct dependents can receive complimentary admission on Memorial Day weekend.
Holland America Line: Military personnel and veterans can enjoy $100 stateroom credits to be used on any of 500-plus Holland America Line itineraries across the world.
Indianapolis Zoo: Current and former members of the military are admitted free on Memorial Day.
* Kings Dominion: Currently serving members and veterans receive a free ticket for a single day May 26-29. Military members can also save up to $35 online when purchasing tickets for up to six friends or family members.
* Kings Island: Currently serving members and veterans receive a free ticket for a single day May 26-29. Military members can also save up to $45 online when purchasing tickets for up to six friends or family members.
* LEGOLAND Discovery Center Westchester: Active duty servicemembers, reservists and veterans get free entry plus 50% off for their friends and family in May. Good for up to four guests. Valid online or at admissions.
* NY Waterway: Currently serving members and veterans ride the ferry for free during Fleet Week, May 24-30. Valid veteran or military ID is required.
Princess Cruises: Military personnel and veterans can receive up to $250 of free onboard spending money on any cruise, any time of the year.
SeaWorld: Servicemembers and veterans can receive one complimentary single-day ticket plus three complimentary guest tickets for use by July 9. Guests must register online by May 14 to take advantage of the offer.
Vail Resorts: Active and retired military, along with veterans and military dependents, can purchase discounted 2023-24 season passes. The Epic Military Pass provides unlimited, unrestricted access to 42 resorts worldwide, including locations in Colorado (Vail, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Keystone, and others); Park City, Utah; Whistler Blackcomb, British Columbia, Canada; and Andermatt-Sedrun-Disentis, Switzerland.
PREMIUM Membership Comes With So Many Benefits. Are You Taking Full Advantage?
Find out just how many benefits are waiting for you, and start using them TODAY.