Note from MOAA: Need support on your career path? Attend free webinars as part of MOAA's Virtual Career and Transition Toolkit.
MOAA is pleased to partner with HigherEchelon Inc. to deliver facilitation support for the Army Strategic Education Program Transition Course and the Navy Senior Executive Transition Seminar for flag and general officers transitioning from active duty. As a human and organizational performance consulting firm that works with both public and private sector clients to enhance performance, HigherEchelon has been instrumental in helping organizations overcome their challenges and achieve their highest level of potential by optimizing the output of people, processes, and technology.
In a recent post at HigherEchelon.com, Salesforce Consultant Katie Levy offers six tips for employees who are working from home more than ever before thanks to coronavirus-related measures. Click the link for the full rundown, but here are some key takeaways for those looking to remain productive from their virtual office space:
- Designate a workspace. Find a reserved space for working and a separate and distinct area for leisure activities.
- Establish a routine. Create a structure that helps you get in work mode and transition back out when it is time unplug.
- Set work hours and break time! When you work from home it is harder to disconnect. Consider scheduling lunch and breaks on your calendar.
- Stay connected with your co-workers. Employ remote collaboration tools such as Microsoft Teams or Salesforce Chatter.
- Set boundaries to stay productive. Have a conversation with your spouse, children, or roommates by establishing ground rules for interaction and keep the lines of communication open.
- Be flexible and willing to adjust. Allow yourself to learn and then continue to adapt and adjust to keep your relationships strong and to enhance your productivity.
Want more dialouge on managing yourself, or your team, during uncertain times? Be sure to join MOAA for a special webinar production on Thursday, May 14 at 2 p.m. Eastern as Kevin Boyd, President of Angelus Learning, LLC and a facilitator for Academy Leadership, shares how followers want their leaders to act according to a clear set of principles and to be consistent in their actions.
During this webinar, participants will immerse themselves in the process of answering important and thought-provoking questions about their beliefs, values, priorities, and expectations of themselves and those they lead. Through intensive self-reflection, your team will be guided to write and utilize this foundational tool as they continue their leadership journey.
Join MOAA Today
Becoming an officer was hard. Getting advice from one is easy. Click below for for more details.