Meeting the membership challenge by helping chapters recruit more chapter members is a top priority for MOAA. Below, chapter leaders can find resources to attract new members as well as retain current members.
2022 Chapter Recruiting Program Guide
- Chapter Recruiting is MOAA's nationally sponsored chapter recruiting program. More tools and better information to chapters will help recruit chapter members more effectively. Get the guide at this link.
- Access the Committee Module landing page, which includes instructions and walkthroughs, or
- Log directly into the Committee Module. Note: You'll be asked to log into the MOAA site first, if you're not already logged in.
Council and Chapter Guide to MOAA’s Basic Membership
- Committee Module (CM) Administrators can export a roster of their chapter members and sort on the MOAA membership status column to identify the non-MOAA members. These chapter members can be contacted for their consent to become a MOAA Basic member. Learn more by downloading the PDF guide.
Directions for Committee Module (CM) Administrators
- When you log into your Committee Module (CM), select the “View All” button to view everyone on your roster on one page.
- Next, select the button on the left side of the “Customer ID” button to select everyone on your roster.
- Next, go to the “Actions” button and select “Export to File,” then select “Go”. The box will display, allowing you to export the file in Excel.
- Select “Excel,” then “Open”.
- Finally, sort the Excel spreadsheet on the column with “Membership”.
Anyone listed as blank are non-MOAA members, who you should contact to ask their consent to become a MOAA Basic member. Anyone who is a non-MOAA member on your roster who gives you permission for MOAA to process them as a basic member can be sent to MOAA headquarters on an Excel spreadsheet using the same columns listed on the spreadsheet which you just exported.
The Excel spreadsheet can be saved on your hard drive for your records. Please be sure to add two new columns to the spreadsheet with “Type of Consent” and “Date of Consent” which is also mentioned on the Chapter and Council Guide to MOAA’s Basic Membership guidance. This will indicate to MOAA headquarters that you received this individual’s permission and the date that the permission was granted in order for our MOAA staff to process Basic MOAA memberships for each person listed on this roster.
- Chapter recruiting just got easier with MOAA’s Common Join Form, which incorporates the enrollment requirements for MOAA membership and chapter membership.
- The form can be downloaded as a fillable PDF.
- You can add your chapter’s name and logo on a Fillable PDF or Word Document. Click for detailed instructions here: Fillable PDF Instructions.
- Email the form to firstname.lastname@example.org to have the member added to your chapter roster.
Reporting of Chapter Member Gains
- To register new Basic members, chapters should email completed Common Join Forms (see above) or an Excel spreadsheet to email@example.com with the full information of new chapter members who have consented to Basic Memberships with MOAA (Get full details in this PDF guide). Retain record of consent locally.
Online Chapter Membership Dues (Join and Renewal)
- Go to the online chapter membership dues collection tool at this link, or get answers to frequently asked questions.
Chapter Recruitment Tracker
- Check out how your chapter is doing with recruiting new members (as of Dec. 9, 2022). This tracker will be updated weekly.
Chapter Recruiting Email
Use this template (MS Word format) to send emails to officers you know to encourage them to join MOAA and your chapter. We recommend every member of your board and chapter to do the same.
MOAA TAPS Form
- Click here to access the form used to notify MOAA National of a member's death.