Whether you are a transitioning uniformed servicemember, veteran, or military spouse, MOAA can get you connected with a talent acquisition professional in your desired industry and sector. You’ll have two chances to make those connections in the coming weeks.
[MARCH 8: MOAA Virtual Networking and Hiring Event | MARCH 21: Amazon Military Affairs Event (Arlington, Va.)]
Career fairs and networking events are important aspects of your transition process. They provide opportunities to expand your network as well as engage with recruiters and talent acquisition professionals.
As you prepare for any career fair or networking event, whether virtual or in-person, follow these basic steps:
- Identify the employers of most interest to you, and find out which each entity does.
- Review posted career opportunities.
- Come prepared to ask performance-related questions.
When you’re at the event, talk to everyone, if time permits – especially companies you are not familiar with. You never know where those conversations might lead!
[RELATED: The Do’s and Don’ts of Working a Virtual Career Fair]
Virtual Career Fair
Join MOAA on Wednesday, March 8, from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Eastern for a virtual networking and hiring event which offers something for everyone, regardless of career direction:
- Remote and Telework Opportunities – Connect with Instant Teams!
- Security Clearance Positions – Visit ClearanceJobs and CACI International!
- Relocation Services – Never heard of SIRVA BGRS? They are a global leader in relocation servicing more than countries!
- Fortune 500 Companies – We’ve got them, too. Check out KBR, Synchrony, and Rolls Royce!
- Never Stop Serving – Want networking tips, career advice, or a second opinion on your résumé? Visit with a transition expert at the MOAA booth!
Looking for an in-person opportunity to build your professional network and find new career resources? Join MOAA, American Corporate Partners (ACP), and Amazon on Tuesday, March 21, from 5-8 p.m. Eastern at the Military Women’s Memorial, located in Arlington National Cemetery. RSVP at this link.
Download Marketing Yourself for a Second Career
Learn what you can do to prepare yourself for a successful transition from military career to civilian career. This handbook shows you how to create an attention-getting resume, cover letter, and more. Get tips on self-marketing, job search, interviews, and interviewing. (Available to Premium and Life members)