As the economic effects of the COVID-19 pandemic came into view, MOAA ramped up a series of virtual programs designed to give members of the military and veteran community free, useful advice as they navigated rough financial waters, sought to steady their career path, or better understand the benefits they’d earned through service.
Dozens of online offerings later, these programs have reached thousands of servicemembers, retirees, veterans, survivors, and military spouses. And we're not done: Visit MOAA’s events page for up-to-date listings and registration information.
While MOAA’s transition, career, and benefits experts continue to host online events, Premium and Life members can access a catalog of webinars that brings this expert advice to bear on all manner of issues. Let MOAA help you with:
Your job search. Whether you’re leaving service or looking for a change of pace in the private sector, don’t miss these webinar resources:
- Marketing Yourself for a Second Career (2021)
- Transition Tips From an Executive Corporate Recruiter
- Finding and Obtaining Remote Work With FlexJobs
- Networking Necessities: Civilian Biographies, Information Interviews, and Business Cards
- Maximize Your Job Search With the MOAA Job Board, Powered by Indeed (2021)
- The Art of the Possible: Kicking Off the New Year (2021)
- Acing Your Virtual Interview
- Developing an Effective Resume
- Marketing Yourself for a Second Career
- Networking and LinkedIn
- Maximize Your Job Search With Indeed
Your financial plans. Our experts offer unbiased advice with no agenda, giving you the tools you need to budget and invest wisely.
- TSP For Beginners (Part 1)
- Strategies to Build TSP Wealth (Part 2)
- Money Issues: What People Are Talking About
- An Overview of Scams and Frauds
Your benefits. Let MOAA help you understand what you’ve earned, especially during a period of financial uncertainty for many.
- Remarriage, Divorce, and Your Benefits
- The Ins and Outs of a VA Disability Compensation Claim and Appeal
- All You Need to Know and More About CRDP and CRSC
- Maximizing Your Post-9/11 "Forever" GI Bill Benefits
- TRICARE Transitions: Preparing for Military Retirement and Turning 65
- Explaining Concurrent Receipt and the Latest on the SBP-DIC Offset
Want more? From résumé reviews to career guidance and much more, your MOAA membership means plenty of resources at your disposal. Learn more about what MOAA offers at MOAA.org/Career, MOAA.org/Finance, and MOAA.org/discounts. Thinking about an upgrade? Click here for full membership information.
Jump Start Your Career
Gain access to all of MOAA’s career tools available for you and your spouse.