Members of MOAA's Luke (Ariz.) Chapter help veterans and families procure food for Thanksgiving. (Courtesy of the Luke Chapter)
Community Involvement Ideas
- Learn more about Honor Flight - A Most Honorable Mission.
- Learn how you can help establish Cemetery Support Committees as part of a National Cemetery Administration program.
- Get 10 ideas on how you can make an impact in your community.
- Guidance for these programs is available at this link. Order ROTC/JROTC awards through the MOAA Store.
- Learn how (and why) chapters and councils can establish a scholarship with MOAA.
Community Outreach Grants
The MOAA Foundation, a 501(c)(3) charitable subsidiary of the Military Officers Association of America (MOAA), offers grants to MOAA’s councils and its chapters in support of community outreach programs and services. The application period runs from Dec. 1 to Feb. 28 each year.
- Fill out a grant application.
- Watch a webinar on the application process.
- Dowload the grant criteria (MS Word file).
Community Outreach Sponsorship
Apply for up to $300 per chapter or $800 per council to support community service programs and recruiting/branding events. Get details at this link.