The change comes as a way to help keep appointments available during periods of isolation.
Below, you'll find links to the latest government guidance and news reports regarding COVID-19.
If you believe you may be suffering from the virus and you are:
- A TRICARE beneficiary: Call the Military Health System Nurse Advice Line at 1-800-TRICARE (874-2273), option 1, to receive guidance. You can also connect with a nurse via web or video chat at www.mhsnurseadviceline.com.
- A VA beneficiary: Contact your local VA facility prior to visiting. You can also send a secure message via the MyHealtheVet portal to receive guidance. Learn more about virtual care options here. UPDATE: As of March 19, Veterans Benefits Administration (VBA) Regional Offices no longer will offer in-person services, including scheduled appointments.
- Outside the VA and TRICARE networks: Call your health provider.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Coronavirus Website
- CDC Advice for Higher-Risk Individuals
- VA Coronavirus Website
- TRICARE Coronavirus Information
- DoD Coronavirus Response Website
- Health.mil Coronavirus Information
- National Institutes of Health Coronavirus Information
- Latest Coronavirus News from Military.com
- Latest Coronavirus News from Military Times
Latest Coronavirus News
A look at some of the latest news and resources on the ever-evolving pandemic.
The Elizabeth Dole Foundation will share its findings with partner groups, including MOAA.
Demands brought on by this pandemic take priority. Ask your lawmaker to join the fight.
Don’t be lulled into complacency. Take these steps so you’re ready for what comes next.
Get the latest on changes for these VA-operated locations, as well as an update on Arlington National Cemetery.
While this pandemic is unprecedented, it can teach us financial lessons, no matter what lies ahead.
It’s a matter of safety and security. Let MOAA help make your voice heard.
The bipartisan bill would ensure that courses moved online would still be considered on-site for the sake of student housing allowances.
Elective surgeries also may be postponed as facilities shift focus.
Relief societies offer grants or zero-interest loans to servicemembers in need.
Cyber-criminals and others are taking advantage of the worldwide pandemic. Here’s how to protect yourself.