- Statewide: 4.0%
- Counties can levy an additional sales tax of no more than 2%
- Current average sales tax (with local taxes included): 5.52%
- Common Exceptions at State Level:
- Prescription Medicine: Exempt
- Unprepared Food: Exempt
- Gasoline Tax: 42.40 cents/gallon (Includes all state, local, and federal taxes)
- Diesel Fuel Tax: 48.40 cents/gallon (Includes all state, local, and federal taxes)
Personal Income Tax
- Wyoming has no personal income tax.
- Local municipalities average 0.61% of the property's assessed value.
- Calculation of assessed value: 9.5% of fair market value, reappraised annually.
- Relief programs for:
- Over 62/Disabled: Deferral of up to 50% available for homes purchased 10 years prior to applying for deferral.
- Veterans: Up to $3,000 of assessed value exempt. Must have lived in Wyoming three years.
- Low-Income: Up to 50% of tax value exempt or reduce property tax bill 50%, whichever is less, if meet requirements.
- Personal Property Tax: No.
Inheritance & Estate Taxes: None
Department of Revenue website: http://revenue.wyo.gov