- Statewide: 4.6%
- Municipalities can levy sales tax of no more than 3.775%
- Current average sales tax (with local taxes included): 7.948%
- Common Exceptions at State Level:
- Prescription drugs: Exempt
- Unprepared foods: Exempt
- Gasoline Tax: 68.88 cents/gallon (Includes all state, local, and federal taxes)
- Diesel Fuel Tax: 52.96 cents/gallon (Includes all state, local, and federal taxes)
- Cigarette Tax: $1.80/pack of 20
Personal Income Tax
- Nevada has no personal income tax.
- Local municipalities average .6% of the property's assessed value.
- Calculation of assessed value: 35% of taxable value (subject to depreciation); revalued every year.
- Relief programs for:
- Veterans/Unremarried Surviving Spouse: Up to $2,800 of assessed value exempt if served during certain conflicts or time periods.
- Disabled Veterans/Unremarried Surviving Spouse: Up to $28,000 of assessed value exempt if 60% or more service-connected disability.
- Personal Property Tax: Yes. Rates and exemptions vary.
- Abatement programs in place if taxes exceed 103% of prior year's taxes.
Inheritance & Estate Taxes: None
Department of Revenue website: www.tax.nv.gov