Whether you’re a new military caregiver looking for resources, a veteran caregiver in need of a refresher, or simply unsure where to turn for timely and relevant information, the updated guide will provide focused materials in support of caregivers and their families.
- A focus on the “whole family” aspect of military caregiving, to include support for spouses/partners, children, and other family members.
- Updated and new information regarding the Program of Comprehensive Assistance for Family Caregivers (PCAFC).
- Updated information regarding the VA MISSION Act and other legislative changes.
- New financial and legal planning service offerings.
- Updates on respite care, including a MOAA webinar recording on the topic; information from the Elizabeth Dole Foundation; and new information on COVID-19 caregiver resources.
- A full-site update to refresh tables and references, fix broken links, add and update VA forms, and more.
More Caregiver Support
In addition to the guide, MOAA is supporting the Elizabeth Dole Home and Community Based Services for Veterans and Caregivers Act of 2022 (H.R. 6823), new legislation in direct support of military and veteran caregivers.
The act will supplement current efforts in support of the caregiver, their family, and the veteran with greater access to myriad resources as they face ongoing caregiving challenges. Among several provisions, the act would:
- Allow the VA to pay up to 100% of the cost of nursing home care toward covering at-home care, up from the current 65%.
- Create a pilot program to address a shortage in home health aides.
- Provide respite care to veteran caregivers enrolled in home care programs.
- Improve web resources for caregivers by creating a centralized source of online information.
Learn more information about the act via the Elizabeth Dole Foundation at this link, and join us at MOAA.org/join as we work with partners like the Dole Foundation to raise awareness and support for America’s 5.5 million military caregivers.
More Members Mean More Influence Over Our Health Care
Get involved and make sure your interests are addressed. Because the larger our voice is, the greater our impact will be.