The Military Spouse Education and Career Opportunities (SECO) website offers easier access to spouse resources after a design update, DoD announced last month.
New features on the site include:
- A search window allowing users to use keywords to find details on scholarship and employment programs, as well as informational articles and videos.
- A topic-based content approach tailored to spouses seeking education information, job programs, tips on starting a business, and other professional resources.
- Quick links to job searches, career coaching opportunities, and more DoD-sponsored benefits, including a free upgrade to LinkedIn Premium for all military spouses with a MySECO account.
[RELATED: MOAA on LinkedIn]
“MySECO is an important tool for spouses, and we are excited to offer them an easier, faster and more intuitive way to explore their interests, research occupations, and search for scholarships, look for schools and find jobs,” Patricia “Patty” Montes Barron, deputy assistant secretary of defense for military community and family policy, said in a DoD press release announcing the upgrade.
Military Spouses and MOAA
Alongside DoD programs, military spouses can make use of MOAA resources such as:
- The MilSpouse Remote Telework Grant Program, which offers hardware, software, and other support for military spouses working remotely for small businesses.
- MOAA’s Military Spouse Employment Guide (Free PDF download)
- MOAA’s Military Spouse Page, which includes updated articles of interest to the uniformed spouse community, links to other public- and private-sector career programs, and more.
Military spouses also are eligible for most MOAA transition and career events, and spouses of Life and Premium members can access a suite of career assistance services; learn more about those at MOAA.org/careers.
Support Military Spouses
Donate to The MOAA Foundation and support MOAA’s efforts to help military spouses in their career journeys.