Military retirees will be able to access their IRS Form 1099R materials online Dec. 15 – the first in a series of tax-related document release dates announced Nov. 24 by the Defense Finance and Accounting Service (DFAS).
The forms will be accessible via the DFAS myPay system. Other forms and their myPay release dates, per DFAS:
- Annuitant 1099R – Dec. 19
- Navy Student Loan Repayment Program (SLRP) W-2 – Jan. 5, 2021
- Army Non-Appropriated Fund (NAF) employee W-2 – Jan. 7, 2021 (other services’ NAF employees will receive their tax materials from their respective services)
- Reserve Army, Navy, Air Force W-2 – Jan. 8, 2021
- Active/Reserve Marine Corps W-2 – Jan. 13, 2021
- Federal Civilian Employee 1095 (DoD/Non-DoD) – Jan. 14, 2021
- Federal Civilian Employee W-2 (DoD/Non-DoD) – Jan. 20, 2021
- Savings Deposit Program (SDP) 1099INT – Jan. 23, 2021
- Army Student Loan Repayment Program (SLRP) W-2 – Jan. 25, 2021
- Active Army, Navy, Air Force W-2 – Jan. 25, 2021
- Military/Military Retiree IRS Form 1095 – Jan. 31, 2021
- Travel/Miscellaneous W-2 – Jan. 31, 2021
All tax materials will be mailed by Jan. 31, 2021, per DFAS. Retirees looking to establish or update your myPay account to access your forms online must do so by Dec. 10; others have until Dec. 16. New users can learn more about the myPay system at this link.
In January, DFAS customers will be able to request current and past tax documents by calling customer service at 1-888-332-7411 and following the prompts. Forms also may be requested online.