Whether you're making the decision to separate from the military or just exploring new opportunities in your second career, the path ahead requires some thought and planning and might not be as clear as you would like.
To help prepare yourself for a change - either of your own choosing or an unexpected and sudden shift in your employment status - consider these tips:
- Keep your résumé and LinkedIn profile current. Get some more LinkedIn tips here.
- Stay connected with your family, friends, and colleagues.
- Maintain your professional associations, certification requirements, and affiliations.
- Be visible inside and outside your organization.
- Continually review and refine your career goals.
- Explore opportunities to expand your extended network.
Need help polishing your résumé? Join MOAA's career transition experts for a free online résumé workshop Wednesday, Jan. 16, at 2 p.m. Eastern. Register today!