By MOAA Staff
Thinking about taking advantage of Prime Day savings, or just looking to start checking off your holiday lists? Amazon shoppers can support the MOAA charity of their choice by ordering through Smile.Amazon.com. Amazon will donate to the charity you select with every purchase.
MOAA supports two nonprofits:
The MOAA Foundation offers grants to local councils and chapters in support of career development and community outreach programs and services. These programs and services benefit more than 50,000 currently serving uniformed servicemembers and veterans of all ranks, their families, and their survivors each year.
The MOAA Scholarship Fund was established in 1948 to provide educational assistance benefits to children of military families. It supports one of the association's founding principles: education is the cornerstone of a strong democracy. It is funded by donations from MOAA members, Councils and Chapters, corporations, and others with a desire to help military families.
Here's how you can contribute:
- Go to Smile.Amazon.com to shop.
- Log in as you would normally on Amazon, or follow the prompts to create a new account.
- Once you're logged in, if you are new to AmazonSmile, the site will allow you to pick the charity you want to support. Search for either “The MOAA Foundation” or “Military Officers Association of America Scholarship Fund.”
- Once you select your charity, look above the left upper menu bar for the gold “Supporting:” and your charity will be listed in white.
- If you already shop using AmazonSmile, use the pull-down window to change your charity.
- Shop and donate.
NOTE: Shop smart! Purchase your goods using Smile.Amazon.com for your donation to take effect, or be sure your Amazon shopping app is enabled for AmazonSmile donations. Learn more about that process here.
Support MOAA’s COVID-19 Relief Fund
Donate to help The MOAA Foundation address emerging needs among currently serving and former uniformed servicemembers, retirees, and their families.
This article was originally published in July 2018 and has been updated.