By MOAA Staff
Amazon shoppers can support the MOAA charity of their choice by ordering through Smile.Amazon.com. Amazon will donate to the charity you select with every purchase.
MOAA has two charities:
The MOAA Foundation has programs under five areas of support, providing professional, financial, and benefits information and resources along with emergency relief support to more than 50,000 military families each year.
The MOAA Scholarship Fund was established in 1948 to provide educational assistance benefits to children of military families. It supports one of the association's founding principles: education is the cornerstone of a strong democracy. It is funded by donations from MOAA members, Councils and Chapters, corporations, and others with a desire to help military families.
Here's how you can contribute:
- Go to Smile.Amazon.com to shop.
- Log in as you would normally on Amazon, or follow the prompts to create a new account.
- Once you're logged in, if you are new to AmazonSmile, the site will allow you to pick the charity you want to support. Search for either “The MOAA Foundation” or “Military Officers Association of America Scholarship Fund.”
- Once you select your charity, look above the left upper menu bar for the gold “Supporting:” and your charity will be listed in white.
- If you already shop using AmazonSmile, use the pull-down window to change your charity.
- Shop and donate.
PLEASE NOTE: Shop smart! Purchase your goods using Smile.Amazon.com for your donation to take effect, or be sure your Amazon shopping app is enabled for AmazonSmile donations. Learn more about that process here.
Amazon Foundation does not share information with The MOAA Foundation on who chooses to use AmazonSmile. Therefore, we do not have a way to send acknowledgements if you designate The MOAA Foundation on AmazonSmile. Thank you in advance for selecting us – we appreciate your generosity!
This article was originally published in July 2018 and has been updated.