Director’s Notes: Levels of Excellence Award Changes
I want to inform you of recent revisions made to the 2017 Level of Excellence (LOE) award. The purpose for the changes is to encourage interest and increase the number of chapters eligible to compete for the LOE award. The changes are reflected in both the objective and subjective scoring criteria.
- All scoring is aligned with traceable information from the database.
- Adjustment made to percentage of chapter membership versus national membership to an achievable criteria.
- Criteria remains the same, however, the format is slightly different. The focus remains highlighting council and chapter legislative/grassroots advocacy, community engagement, and recruiting and retention. Information is available online.
- The LOE award revision will take place immediately.
- The new LOE submission deadline is May 1, 2018.
- The 2018 LOE award ceremony will be held in conjunction with MOAA’s annual meeting, Oct. 30–Nov. 2 in Phoenix. More details about the ceremony to follow.
Contact me or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
Thanks for your continued support.
— Col. Terri Coles, USA (Ret), senior director, Council and Chapter Affairs