MOAA Members Save With BetterUp
MOAA members have access to a subscription to BetterUp at an exclusive rate (BASIC) and discounts (PREMIUM and LIFE).
What Is BetterUp?
BetterUp is the leading global coaching platform, with more than 4,000 Coaches in over 70 countries. Partners include the U.S. Air Force, NASA, Google, and hundreds more businesses working with BetterUp to improve leadership effectiveness, mental fitness, and connection and belonging. Nearly 3 million coaching sessions have inspired BetterUp members everywhere to live their lives with greater clarity, purpose, and passion.
How Can a BetterUp Membership Help Me?
MOAA’s members are in varied stages of their personal and professional journey. BetterUp’s network of Coaches offers support at all levels, whether you are:
- A career-minded officer in your 20s, seeking leadership development resources as you begin your time in service.
- A transitioning officer in your 40s, unsure how to adjust to life out of uniform.
- Approaching or enjoying your retirement, but looking for ways to remain active, and for support conquering new challenges.
What’s Included in a BetterUp Membership?
- 1:1 virtual coaching sessions to fit any schedule: BetterUp coaching is flexible to fit your busy life. Schedule 30-minute video sessions once per month – early mornings, late evenings, or any time in between. With Coaches in every time zone, we’ve got you covered.
- Coach match guarantee: Answer a few questions about yourself and your goals, and we’ll search our global network of 4,000 coaches to instantly recommend the top Coaches whose background, coaching style, and areas of expertise are the right fit for you. If your Coach isn’t the right fit, you can switch at any time.
- Unlimited messaging with your Coach: In between sessions, exchange messages with your Coach anytime you’re looking for some perspective or inspiration (or just want to share a win).
- Specialty coaching: Want to work on a specific skill? Need extra support based on what’s happening with you today? BetterUp has you covered with specialty Coaches who focus on career growth, well-being, communication, and more.
- Interactive workshops: Join high-impact, expert-led workshops to improve specific skills. In just 25 minutes you’ll learn to apply science-backed techniques to meet your goals even faster.
Click on one of the links below to access your BetterUp benefit; if you're not already logged into MOAA.org, you'll be prompted for your username and password. All members have access to this benefit, but your discount depends on your membership type: BASIC members receive a special MOAA retail rate, while PREMIUM members get 15% off that rate and LIFE members get 30% off.
Note: Be sure to click on the link that corresponds to your member type – otherwise you may be asked to upgrade your membership, even if an upgrade isn’t necessary. Unsure about your member details, have questions or problems with logging in, or seeking information about a membership upgrade? Contact MOAA’s Member Support Center at email@example.com or (800) 234-6622.
Frequently Asked QuestionsQ. How is coaching different from therapy?
A. Therapy (also known as psychotherapy, counseling, or “talk therapy”) is similar to coaching in some ways. Both use evidence-based techniques and intentional dialogue as the primary tools for growth and discovery. The key differences between coaching and therapy are:
- Coaching is focused on personal growth and professional development, while therapy is designed to help you work through deeper issues such as anxiety, depression, or trauma.
- Coaching focuses primarily on the present and future, while therapy also explores how your past contributes to your present and future.
Q. What are coaching sessions like?
A. In your first 30-minute video coaching session (via phone or computer), you and your Coach will get to know one another and explore what coaching is and how it can help you achieve your goals. In your following sessions (frequency will depend on your plan), your Coach will be an unbiased partner, helping you answer questions that will guide you on your path to growth and success.
Q. Are BetterUp Coaches reputable?
A. Licensed and certified BetterUp Coaches guide you through everything from creating better habits to reaching your personal and professional goals. Through a careful vetting process, BetterUp accepts only 8% of all Coaches who apply, to ensure the highest quality experience for our members.