By now, retirees in TRICARE Select or the TRICARE Select Overseas Program should be paying the new TRICARE Select premium of $12.50 a month for individuals or $25 a month for couples/families. This new premium applies to all Group A retirees, which includes everyone serving prior to 2018.
This new premium only applies to TRICARE Select and TRICARE Select Overseas Program enrollees. No other TRICARE program is involved.
If you are not paying the new premium as of January 2021, you are probably disenrolled from your TRICARE Select program. You must act immediately to get reenrolled.
You have until the end of June 2021 to contact your TRICARE health care contractor to get reenrolled and make up for back premiums. Here are the appropriate TRICARE health care contractors:
- If you’re in the East Region, go to Humana Military. The East Region is Alabama, Arkansas, Connecticut, Delaware, the District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa Rock Island area, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri St. Louis area, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas (excluding the El Paso area), Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia, and Wisconsin.
- If you’re in the West Region, go to Health Net Federal Services, LLC. The West Region is Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Iowa (excludes the Rock Island arsenal area), Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri (except the St. Louis area), Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota, Texas’ southwestern corner (including El Paso), Utah, Washington, and Wyoming.
- If you’re overseas, go to International SOS Government Services, Inc.or contact your TRICARE Overseas Program Regional Call Center.
Late enrollees will have coverage and premiums back dated to Jan. 1, 2021.
Only three groups of people are exempt from paying the TRICARE Select premium:
- An active-duty family member
- A medically retired retiree or family member
- A survivor of an active-duty member who died on active duty
If you do not re-enroll now, you won’t be able to enroll in another TRICARE program until the open season in November or if you have a qualifying life event.
To learn more, go here.