By MOAA Staff
MOAA received top international honors in the 2020 MarCom Awards competition, receiving two Platinum, three Gold, and four Honorable Mention awards.
Each year, the Association of Marketing and Communication Professionals (AMCP) reviews thousands of entries to select the world’s best work in communications.
MOAA’s Military Officer magazine received several awards. The association’s digital efforts, to include The MOAA Newsletter, MOAA.org, and social media engagement, also earned recognition.
“We are honored with this top recognition for both our print and digital efforts to inform and engage,” said MOAA President & CEO Lt. Gen. Dana T. Atkins, USAF (Ret). “Our goal remains to keep providing insightful and important content for our members.”
Awards are given on three levels, based on the judges’ scores.
MOAA’s Platinum and Gold Honors in 2020
- The Wings of World War II, an eight-page spread detailing military aircraft used throughout WWII, earned Platinum for Print Magazine Design. The digital presentation for the project earned Gold.
- MOAA’s Facebook page earned Platinum for Facebook Engagement. Facebook is MOAA’s primary social media channel, and often receives more likes, shares, and engagement compared with even the largest veterans service organizations.
- The feature Leaving Home for Love tells the stories of World War II war brides. It earned Gold for Print Magazine Design (Interior).
- The MOAA Newsletter, a weekly selection of top military and benefits news delivered to your inbox, earned Gold for E-Newsletter. Click here to sign up.
MOAA’s Honorable Mentions
- Military Officer magazine for the Nonprofit Print Media category.
- MOAA.org for Digital Media Design (Web).
- The 2020 Storming the Hill microsite, showcasing MOAA's biggest advocacy effort of the year for Digital Media (Web).
- Helping Others Who Still Need Help, a video showcasing our members’ generosity and commitment to supporting those facing challenges during the pandemic, for the Video category.