Your kids may already be up to their eyeballs in homework, but commissaries worldwide are still offering a number of back-to-school sales and sweepstakes. Highlights:
- Though they started in mid-August, commissaries are still hosting dozens of sidewalk sales at military installations. These sales replace the traditional case lot sales. Check dates and times here. These sales are focused on family breakfast, school lunches and after-school snacks.
- Through Aug. 31, Receive one entry into "Hard Work Pays Off!" Back To School Sweepstakes when you use your MILITARY STAR® card twice at any military exchange facility and twice at any commissary location. Grand Prize 100 winners will receive a $250 gift card package. Package Includes: $100 commissary gift card, $100 exchange gift card and a $50 entertainment or Exchange food court gift card.
- Free move ticket. Customers can earn a free movie ticket by buying seven of the following name brands in one transaction at participating commissaries by Sept. 5: Gatorade, Entenmann's, Oreo, Nabisco, Frito Lay, Planters, Capri Sun, Kraft, Oscar Mayer, Hillshire Farm, Aveeno, Neutrogena, Tylenol, Listerine, Centrum, Tums, Sensodyne, Aquafresh, Biotene, Scott towels and Kleenex. See rules at your local commissary.
- AXE "Back to School" Sweepstakes. Through Sept. 15, commissary patrons worldwide will have the opportunity to enter to win many prizes, including commissary gift cards, Apple MacBooks, iPads, iPods and Apple Gift Cards. There will more than 90 prizes awarded. Look for AXE shower gel, deodorant and hair care product displays in your local commissary during this promotion period.
- Back to School/Labor Day-free groceries. Kraft Heinz Company will be giving away eight prizes worldwide of $2,500 each in commissary gift cards. The online giveaway will run to Sept. 23. No purchase necessary. Check your local commissary for more details.
- Operation Gratitude. For every Mario brand product purchased in commissaries worldwide through Sept. 9, one 20g Snack Olive Pouch will be donated to Operation Gratitude for inclusion in an Operation Gratitude Care Package.
- Say "Cheese Please!" Through Sept. 9, your commissary is offering special savings on Freedom's Choice cheese: string cheese, cheese sticks, sliced, singles and cream cheese. Your commissary now offers five commissary brand lines: Freedom's Choice (food products), HomeBase (non-food products), TopCare (healthcare and beauty supplies), TippyToes (baby food and products) and Full Circle Market (natural and organic products). Patrons can access FAQs and the commissary brand web page for more information.