This is the supporting document checklist for semifinalists only. Students who applied can log in to determine whether they are a semifinalist. Do not send in this paperwork unless you have been notified you are a semifinalist.
Instructions for Digitally Submitting Supporting Paperwork
MOAA EAP offers and strongly encourages the use of a secure upload form for applicants identified as semifinalists to submit supporting paperwork. If you have been identified as a semifinalist, please log in to submit your paperwork by 11:59 p.m. Eastern on May 15, 2023.
If you are having any issues with uploading the documentation on the application login, please submit it using this secure link.
Supporting Papers1. Transcripts: An official or unofficial transcript which clearly shows all coursework completed through the fall semester of 2022 and the cumulative GPA is required. In the 2023-2024 school year, applicant will be a:
- College freshman: Please upload your high school transcript.
- College sophomore: Please upload both your high school transcript and your college transcript.
- College junior or senior: Please upload your college transcript.
2. SAT I or ACT: If applicant will be a college freshman during the 2023-2024 school year, they must provide SAT I or ACT score unless the applicant was not required to take the SAT/ACT for college admission.
Test scores printed on transcripts will be accepted, as will copies of test scores from the testing center.
3. Federal Income Tax Returns: A copy of the front and back of the first page of the military parent sponsor’s 2021 or 2022 Federal Income Tax Return (Form 1040). Please make sure the AGI is legible on the copy that is sent to us. DO NOT SEND: ACCOMPANYING SCHEDULES, STATE RETURNS, OR FEDERAL FINANCIAL-AID FORMS. Please black out Social Security numbers on tax forms for privacy purposes.
4. Self-Certification Documentation: If applying for our interest-free loan program, you must upload a completed self-certification form. Click here to download a blank self-certification fillable PDF document.
5. Death Certificate: American Patriot Scholarship semifinalists or semifinalists whose military parent retired and then died.
6. Traumatic SGLI documentation: If applicant is applying for the American Patriot Scholarship and their military parent is severely wounded as defined as Traumatic SGLI.