This is the supporting document checklist for Semifinalists only. Semifinalists will be notified in mid-March 2021. Do not send in this paperwork unless you have been notified you are a semifinalist.
The semifinalist's full name and birthdate must be in the upper right-hand corner of each page.
1. Transcripts: An official transcript, or a legible copy of a school-provided transcript, which clearly shows all coursework completed through the fall semester of 2020 and the cumulative GPA is required. In the 2021-2022 school year, applicant will be a:
- College Freshman: Please send your high school transcript.
- College Sophomore: Please send both your high school transcript and your college transcript.
- College Junior or Senior: Please send your college transcript only.
We will accept computer printed grade reports.
2. SAT I: If applicant will be a college freshman during the 2021-2022 school year, they must provide SAT I score. We will also accept ACT score if SAT I score is not available. You may use your highest Math and highest Verbal as the Composite Score.
Test scores printed on official transcripts will be accepted, as will copies of test scores from the testing center. Highlight test scores, if included on High School transcript. Please note: If applicant was not required to take the SAT/ACT for college admission, then no upload is needed.
3. Federal Income Tax Returns: A copy of the front and back of the first page of the military parent sponsor’s 2019 or 2020 Federal Income Tax Return (Form 1040). Please make sure the AGI is legible on the copy that is sent to us. DO NOT SEND: ACCOMPANYING SCHEDULES, STATE RETURNS, OR FEDERAL FINANCIAL-AID FORMS. Please black out Social Security numbers on tax forms for privacy purposes.
4.Proof of Military Service: If the student has stated on the application that they served up to five years in the military before beginning school, please provide us a copy of their DD-214. Please black out Social Security numbers.
5. Death Certificate: American Patriot Scholarship Semifinalists or Semifinalists whose military parent retired and then died.
6. Traumatic SGLI documentation: If applicant is applying for the American Patriot Scholarship and their military parent is severely wounded as defined as Traumatic SGLI.
Instructions for Digitally Submitting Supporting Paperwork
MOAA EAP offers and encourages the use of a secure upload form for applicants identified as semifinalists to submit supporting paperwork. If you have been identified as a semifinalist, please login to submit your paperwork by 11:59 p.m. Eastern time on April 17, 2021.
Instructions for Mailing in Supporting Paperwork
- Send the supporting documents in a 9"×12" envelope postmarked on or before April 17, 2021. Do not fold the supporting documents. Transcripts, however, may be folded.
- Each page of all supporting documents must be clearly labeled with the applicant's full name and birthdate at the top right-hand corner.
- Mail the supporting documents to: MOAA-EAP; ATTN: IFL Supporting Documents; 201 N. Washington St.; Alexandria, VA 22314-2539.