In partnership with
With support from Microsoft, The MOAA Foundation and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation’s Hiring Our Heroes Program are launching a pilot program designed help military spouses maintain their employment during and after a permanent change of duty station (PCS). This unique opportunity will provide the spouse and their small business employer with the tools necessary to successfully work from a remote location (CONUS only), allowing the small business to retain the spouse on staff. Participants will receive hardware, software, contract templates and technical training tutorials to support a remote work arrangement.
Who is eligible to apply?
- Active duty spouses currently employed (full-time) with a small business and anticipating a PCS move within the next 12 months are eligible to apply for this opportunity.
- Small businesses who are looking to retain active duty military spouses on staff, but do not currently have the resources or expertise to implement a remote work program or policy.
Both the small business and the spouse must agree to the terms during the application process.
How do I apply?
If the grant is awarded, what can I expect to receive?
- Remote work templates (contracts, company policies, etc.)
- Microsoft Surface Pro (laptop)
- Docking station, keyboard and mouse
- Antivirus/Malware protection
If awarded, what is expected of me (or the small business)?
- Once the remote work relationship is established, the grantor will contact the spouse and the small business every 3 months for a brief progress report. Both the spouse and the employer must respond to surveys and provide progress reports as requested during the grant period (1 year).
- The small business is responsible for providing technical support after initial set-up is complete.
- The spouse or the small business are responsible for ensuring both parties have secure internet access throughout the grant period.
- The spouse and the small business are responsible for ensuring the devices provided through the grant are equipped with Antivirus/Malware protection and regular scans are performed.
What else do I need to know?
- Upon selection, awardees will be required to show proof of military relationship.
- If the awardee leaves the small business, or is terminated, before the end of the one-year grant period, all equipment must be returned to the employer or grantor in a timely fashion. The spouse and the small business must report any changes in the spouse's employment status during the grant period within 30 days of the change.
- After the one-year grant period, there is no requirement for equipment to be returned to the grantor. The grantor will not accept the use of used devices after the grant period is complete.
- The spouse and the employer are responsible for maintaining and repairing devices once received. The grantor will replace any items determined to be defective during the grant period only.
- The employer and the spouse must agree to the terms and an acceptable use policy prior to receiving the grant reward.