Criteria and Instructions
Thank you for your interest in applying for an COVID-19 Emergency Financial Relief Grant from The MOAA Foundation. Please review the following information carefully, as it pertains to your eligibility and responsibilities for grant award consideration.
Who is Eligible?
The MOAA Foundation COVID-19 Relief Fund offers financial assistance for currently serving (including National Guard and Reserve), spouses of currently serving, veterans (with an honorable discharge), and caregivers of the same who are experiencing an unexpected, short-term financial setback due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Open to all ranks and U.S. uniformed services. Preference will be given to those who are not eligible for support from service relief societies.
What We Will Help With
- Auto Loan/Lease
- Utilities (electric, water, heat)
- Cell phone payments
- Internet access
- Additional grant categories, outside of the list above, will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- For auditing purposes, you MUST include a copy or copies of any current bills (mortgage/rent payments, auto loan/lease, utilities (electric, water, heat), cell phone payments, Internet access) up to $500.
- Bills must have name and/or address of the applicant noted on the application, or, have the name of a spouse or family member with the same address included on the application. If bills adding up to less than $500 are submitted, this will be considered the requested grant amount by the applicant.
- Bills can be uploaded as scans, screenshots or pictures. Bills with a past due balance dated prior to March 1, 2020 will not be considered. The MOAA Foundation will not assist with any legal fees.
- If awarded the grant, funds will be disbursed to the individual applicant, and a payment receipt showing these funds were used for their requested bill coverage is required to be submitted to email@example.com within 30 days.
- ONLY upload bills at this time. DO NOT include documents with personally identifiable information (such as your DD-214 or anything including your Social Security number).
General Application Option: If you would prefer to use a fillable PDF/printer-friendly application, learn more and download instead.
Chapter Application Option: If you would prefer to use a fillable PDF/printer-friendly application, learn more and download instead.
COVID-19 Emergency Financial Relief Grant Application