Courtesy of Lake Blackshear Resort and Golf Club
Whether you vacation for the scenery, relaxing, or outdoor activities, nothing beats a lakeside destination.
- Lake Blackshear Resort & Golf Club includes 14 main lodge guest rooms, 64 villa guest rooms, and 10 lakeside cabins on 1,308 acres with miles of walking and biking trails and a full-service marina (boat and jet ski rentals are available). The resort is part of Georgia Veterans State Park, which was established in 1946 as a memorial to U.S. veterans. The on-site indoor/outdoor military museum features exhibits such as a B-29A Superfortress, jets, a helicopter, tanks, landing craft, and artillery. Call (800) 459-1230, and ask for the “First Responders Discount.”
- George T. Bagby State Park & Lodgein Fort Gaines is located on the shores of the 48,000-acre Walter F. George Lake. Choose from accommodations including lodge rooms, suites, and cabins. Amenities include tennis and volleyball courts, bicycles, canoe rentals, hiking trails, a swimming pool, and a full-service marina. Book online using the “Military Discount” rate, or call (877) 591-5575.
- Little Ocmulgee State Park & Lodge in Southern Georgia’s rustic countryside offers 10 fully equipped lakeside cabins as well as 60 lodge rooms surrounded by live oaks, cypress, and pine trees. A white-sand beach surrounds the 256-acre lake, and a 2.6-mile nature trail winds through the park. Use promo code “First” if booking online, or call (877) 591-5572 and ask for the “First Responders Discount.”
- Unicoi State Park & Lodge , in the charming Bavarian-style town of Helen in the Blue Ridge Mountains, consists of a 100-room main lodge, 30 cabins, and 82 campsites on 1,029-acres of wilderness. The 53-acre Unicoi Lake is the main attraction, offering watercraft rentals, including paddle boards (and lessons), kayaks, canoes, and pedal boats. Other activities include zip lines, archery, GPS scavenger hunts, mountain biking, and an overnight sleep-under-the-stars camping class. Use promo code “First” if booking online, or call (800) 573-9659 and ask for the “First Responders Discount.”
Golf, spas, shopping, and dining are some of the reasons visitors love the Lake Geneva, Wis., area. These resorts offer tons of amenities, plus a 15-percent military discount.
- Grand Geneva Resort & Spa , a 1,300-acre, four-diamond, year-round resort has 355 guest rooms and suites and luxury villas, 36 holes of golf, a spa, an array of activities and adventures, and several dining options. Military members get a 15 percent off the best available rate on overnight stays in deluxe guest rooms, suites, and villas. The offer is valid through Dec. 30, 2018.
- Lake Lawn Resort, along Delavan Lake’s shore, has 271 guest rooms many with a private balcony or patio. Resort offerings include a spa, a salon, an 18-hole championship golf course, boat and water sport rentals, indoor and outdoor swimming pools, a 170-slip marina, and a fitness center. Active duty and retired military members get a 15-percent discount on the best available rate. When booking online, click on the “Military Rate” box. Call (262) 728-7950.