Date: Nov 13, 2019
Time: 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
- Virginia Tech Executive Briefing Center
- 900 N Glebe Rd
- Arlington, VA, 22203
The Military Executive Transition (MET) program is a one-day workshop limited to 50 attendees per session and is geared toward preparing military leaders for civilian career success.
The workshop focuses on key aspects of a successful military-to-civilian transition for military leaders and for Veterans looking for advancement in the civilian careers. The session includes:
- Review of the cultural component of the transition into civilian life.
- Building a stronger and broader network to accelerate your job search and professional success.
- Strategies for using recruiters and the opportunity for a group discussion with an experienced executive recruiter.
- Identifying mentors and developing professional relationships.
- Key lessons designed to engender success during the first three months in your new position.
- The opportunity to participate in a simulated human resources interview.
In addition to the one-day workshop, your registration fee gives you access to:
- MOAA's Career Center Job Board and Resume Bank;
- Resume development assistance;
- Hands-on social media job-search training session;
- A free, professional LinkedIn photo;
- One hour of post-seminar personalized financial planning consultation from one of our registered staff Certified Financial Planners
- A moderated panel of your successfully-transitioned colleagues who are now either self-employed or working in the public, private, nonprofit and academic sectors
Pricing: Registration costs range depending on MOAA Membership level.
- Basic and Non-Members: $199
- PREMIUM Members: $149
- LIFE Members: $99
Continental breakfast and lunch are included in the registration fee.
Business attire is recommended.