Meeting the membership challenge by helping chapters recruiting more chapter members is a top priority for MOAA. Chapter Recruiting focuses on chapter membership vice national membership.
Common Join Form (Fillable PDF) / Common Join Form (Microsoft Word document)
Chapter recruiting just got easier with MOAA’s Common Join Form which incorporates the enrollment requirements for MOAA membership and chapter membership. We’ve included detailed instructions on how to add your chapter’s name and logo on a Fillable PDF or Word Document. To access the instructions for both of these formats please access these links: (1) Fillable PDF Instructions and (2) Microsoft Word Instructions.
A personal message about the Chapter Recruiting program from MOAA's senior director of Council and Chapter Affairs, COL Terri Coles, USA (Ret).
Chapter Recruiting is MOAA's new nationally sponsored chapter recruiting program. More tools and better information to chapters will help recruit chapter members more effectively.
To help with your recruiting efforts, we have provided tools and materials for your use, along with answers to frequently asked questions, program awards and incentives, success stories, and instructions on how to work your potential-member lists. Get more resources for chapter leaders on our forms page.
- 2020 Chapter Recruiting Program Guide
- Recruiting Frequently Asked Questions
- How to Recruit Chapter Members: Reasons to Join a Chapter
- How to Work Recruiting Lists using Near Real Time (NRT) reports
Chapter Recruitment Tracker - Coming Soon
Check out how your chapter is doing with recruiting new members. This tracker will be updated weekly.
Check out these programs to help recruit and retain both chapter and national MOAA members:
- Download the Printer-Friendly MOAA Membership Application Brochure.
- MOAA Membership Information: This will explain eligibility for MOAA membership, background on MOAA's affiliate system, and reasons to join a local chapter.
- MOAA's Membership Model: Understanding the MOAA membership model is important to chapter success in the Chapter Recruiting program. FAQs, talking points and general information will guide you.
- Chapter Voucher Program: The new chapter member voucher program provides an incentive for newly paid national MOAA members to join a chapter at no cost. Find out more.
Update: Chapters must retain at least 90 percent or more of their members, as determined by national MOAA. (speed up receiving your reward by signing up for electronic funds transfer.)
Learn more about joining, or starting, a chapter based on subject matter interest, not geography.