Federal Job Information for Veterans and Spouses
- The Office of Personnel Management – The primary site for federal employment information, salaries, benefits, etc.
- Performance Based Interviewing – Sponsored by the VA, PBI provides methods to increase the effectiveness of the interviewing process in selecting and promoting quality staff.
- The Office of Personnel Management Pay Tables
- Feds Hire Vets – Feds Hire Vets is a site specifically designed for veterans who may be searching for a federal job.
- Applying for A Federal Job After Military Service - Maximize your chances of being selected by learning how to navigate the system, including fulfilling the KSAs, ECQs and TQs.
- Veterans' Preference in Federal Hiring - One of your post-military job options is working for the federal government - good pay, good benefits; and as a veteran you have preference in the hiring process.
- What You Can Do to Negotiate Your First Federal Job - The job announcement that you used to apply for your new job included a salary range and start date, but you may be able to negotiate these and other issues like relocation expenses before starting your federal job.
- Applying for a Federal Job for Spouses and Parents of Veterans and Military Members - The federal government is interested in hiring spouses and sometimes parents of veterans and military personnel and has established a number of special programs (called authorities) to encourage you to become part of the federal workforce.
- USA Jobs – USA Jobs is the primary site for finding federal employment is sponsored by the Office of Personnel Management
- USA Jobs-Senior Executive Service Positions
- Career Resources Through the VA
- National Institutes of Health – The National Institutes of Health (NIH) is the nation’s medical research agency
- Careers at CMS – Careers at the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services'
- Air Force Civilian Service Information
- Army Civilian Service Information
- Navy Civilian Service Information
- Presidential Management Fellow Information – Presidential Management Fellow web site by the Office of Personnel Management
- Indian Health Service- The Federal Health Program for American Indians and Alaska Natives
- Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences - The mission of the Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences is to train, educate and prepare uniformed services health professionals, officers and leaders to directly support the Military Health System, the National Security and National Defense Strategies of the United States and the readiness of our Armed Forces.