Frequently Asked Questions
Recording of Training Webinar
computer may prompt you to download software to view the video.
This new online chapter membership dues collection tool has been created to help assist with chapter member joins and renewals. National MOAA is pleased to provide you with this opportunity to collect your chapter membership dues at no cost to your chapter.
- As a reminder, you must comply with all MOAA security and
- Each chapter sets its own annual chapter dues rate.
- The annual dues cycle is established by each individual chapter. Most chapters have an annual dues cycle of January to December, while others may use an alternative schedule (i.e., fiscal year calendar of October to September).
- Regardless of the date submitted, the chapter membership expiration date will be the last day in the final month of the annual dues cycle as established by the chapter.
- Renewing members are required to pay a full year of annual dues, regardless of the date they submit the dues payment. Their local chapter membership expiration date will be the last day on the final month your chapter's dues cycle.
- For example, the XYZ Chapter has an annual dues cycle of January to December, and dues are $20 a year. If member John Doe renews his chapter membership in April, his dues payment would be $20. If member John Doe renews his membership in October, his dues payment would still
be $20. The expiration date in both cases would be Dec. 31.
- Newly joining members enter the chapter’s annual dues cycle based solely upon the month/day in which they submit their chapter membership payment via the online tool. If they submitted their chapter membership payment within the first six months of the chapter's dues cycle, they would be required to submit
a payment for the full annual rate. For those new members joining after six months of the chapter's annual dues cycle, the amount due offers a six-month prorated credit toward their annual local chapter dues.
example, the XYZ Chapter has an annual dues cycle of January to December, and dues are $20 a year. If new member John Doe joins the chapter in April, his dues payment would be $20. If new member John Doe joined the XYZ chapter in October, his dues payment would be $10. The expiration date in both
cases would be Dec. 31.
- All new joins and renewal confirmations will be sent directly to the account and email address established by the chapter. Report functionality for joins and renews are available in the chapter interface.
- All newly joining and renewing chapter members will receive a confirmation page with the following information: Thank you for joining the (chapter name). Your credit card ending in XXXX has been charged $XX. Your membership is valid through (expiration
- The system will collect the online payments (credit and debit cards only) and distribute to the chapter on or before the fifth day of each month.
- Please ensure you have your chapter bank account information readily available. You will have an opportunity to review your information before final submittal.
If you are a chapter treasurer who would like to establish your chapter account, please email