July 15, 2016
Last week, we asked you about your top priority among the current legislative proposals to:
- Reduce the 2017 military pay raise for a fourth consecutive year
- Impose big Basic Allowance for Housing (BAH) cuts for thousands of servicemembers
- Raise TRICARE enrollment fees
- Raise TRICARE deductibles
- Increase pharmacy copays
- Allow variable pricing of goods sold in commissaries
About 6,000 of you responded, and here's your reported #1 priority.
#1 Retiree Concern:
Force Cuts 24%
Rx Copay Hikes 24%
Pay Raise Cap 22%
#1 Active Duty Concern:
Pay Raise Cap 23%
BAH Cut 21%
Force Cuts 16%
Our take-aways from these results:
- All of these issues are important, and it's difficult to choose among them; and
- Retired members still care deeply about what's happening to today's troops.
We also asked you to rate your level of concern on each issue on a 5-point scale from “not at all concerned” to “very concerned”. Here's what you said you're “very concerned” about:
Force Cuts 72%
Rx Copays 69%
Pay Raise Cap 62%
Enrollment Fee 47%
BAH Cut 28%
BAH Cut 64%
Pay Raise Cap 61%
Enrollment Fee 46%
Force Cuts 44%
Rx Copays 37%
Visit Your Legislators!
Take advantage of summer recess and visit your legislators in their home offices.