Today's civilian job market is highly competitive and demands well-prepared, articulate individuals, able to stand out from their military and civilian competition. Leadership experience alone will not automatically open employers' doors to you, so it is critical to develop a comprehensive strategy to land the right job and achieve early success in your new position.
Many traditional transition courses devote most of the curriculum to resume-writing, interviewing skills and acquiring a business wardrobe. In fact, effective military to civilian transition is a far more complex process and includes many other components you will need to understand in order to adapt to a new culture and new way of doing business. The better prepared you are, the more likely you will find a job that is right for you and the better able you will be to achieve early successes in your new position.
The Military Executive Transition (MET) program is a one-day workshop limited to 50 attendees per session and offered to senior officers.
The workshop will focus on key aspects of a successful military-to-civilian transition for senior military leaders, including:
- Cultural/psychological component of transition into civilian life.
- Building a stronger and broader network to accelerate your job search.
- Strategies for using recruiters and the opportunity for a group discussion with an experienced executive recruiter.
- Identifying mentors and developing professional relationships.
- Key lessons designed to engender success during the first three months in your new job.
A moderated panel of your successfully-transitioned colleagues who are now either self-employed or working in the public, private, nonprofit and academic sectors.
In addition to the one-day workshop, your registration fee gives you access to:
- MOAA's Career Center (job board and resume bank);
- Resume development assistance;
- Online video interview preparation services;
- Hands-on social media job-search training session (including a free LinkedIn photo);
- One hour of post-seminar personalized financial planning consultation from one of our registered staff Certified Financial Planners; and
- One hour of post-seminar personalized health care consultation with our MOAA healthcare subject matter expert.
Pricing: Registration costs range depending on MOAA Membership level.
- $199 for non-members and BASIC Members
- $149 for PREMIUM Members
- $99 for LIFE Members
Continental breakfast and lunch are included in the registration fee. Business attire is recommended.
If you have questions, please email email@example.com. Please include your full name, the date you are interested in attending, your daytime phone number, and your MOAA/Voices membership number (if applicable).