The mission of the MOAA Chapter is to benefit the members of the uniformed services, their families and survivors and to advocate for a strong national defense, while providing needed support to the community and its members.
Information on Joining the Chapter
Membership in the MOAA Chapter is open to anyone who holds or has ever held a commission or warrant in any component of the Army, Marine Corps, Navy, Air Force, Coast Guard, Public Health Service or National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration and their surviving spouses.
The MOAA Chapter holds 10 monthly meetings a years featuring guest speakers on topics relevant to the members. The Chapter does not meet in July and August.
• Sponsors the JROTC Leadership medal for the Blythe, CA JROTC program
• Assisted in establishing a MCJROTC program at KOFA High School which began in August 2012. During the third year (2015) the JROTC program has 140 candidates. This is the first year, (2014), the JROTC program has Officers in the program.
• The Chapter provides lap quilts to veterans in nursing homes during the holiday season.
• Sponsors the Young American Award which recognizes 7th grade students who demonstrate academic excellence, patriotism and leadership.
• Sponsors a scholarship program for seniors who demonstrate academic excellence.
The MOAA Chapter supports the MOAA national legislative agenda and we annually invite our Congressional Representative and Senators to speak to the chapter. The chapter is also active in supporting the state council in various state veterans' issues.
MOAA Chapter meetings are dinner meetings held on the third Wednesday of each month beginning at 6:00 PM. During the April meeting, the Chapter recognizes the Auxiliary members. The May meeting recognizes the Young American and Scholarship winners. The Chapter does not meet during July and August of the year.
About Our Chapter
The MOAA Chapter was chartered January 12,1990 and serves southwestern Arizona. Meetings are held monthly at the Holiday Inn Conference Room 1901 E. 18th Street, Yuma, AZ, (Phone 1-928-782-9300). The chapter publishes a monthly newsletter covering recent activities, meeting notices, local, state and national issues. The chapter currently has 57 members made up of currently serving, former, and retired officers and their spouses and Auxiliary members.